A little progress on this free form bowl. I’m using a Kutzall for the rough-out and some Hans Karlsson hand tools (adze and gouge) to finish. We cut down the English walnut I’m using for this bowl about a year ago (it was an urban standing-dead tree)–really beautiful wood! I can’t wait to work with the slabs I’m drying from this tree.
Finally finished my boy’s bunk beds. We used walnut that I had rejected for other projects (pieces with bug holes, big structural cracks that needed to be filled with epoxy, extra sappy pieces, etc.).And we incorporated a live edge into each headboard. The lower bunks are up high so that we can eventually build a bank of drawers to put under there.